At Absolute Roofing Contractors Ltd we respect the privacy of our supporters and visitors to our websites. This policy is concerned with how we collect information, what we do with it and what controls you have. This policy also refers to websites for Burnley Roofing Contractors and Monkey Scaffolding which are trading names of Absolute Roofing Contractors Ltd
We take our duty to process your personal data very seriously. This policy explains how we collect, manage, use and protect your personal data.
We may change this document from time to time to reflect the latest view of what we do with your information. Please check back frequently; you will be able to see if changes have been made by the date it was last updated.
Refer to the sections below for more details on how and why we use your personal information:
1. Who are we?
In this policy references to Absolute Roofing Contractors Ltd, or to ‘we’ or ‘us’ are a registered business in England: 6801321, Unit 12, Smallshaw Industrial Estate, Phoenix Way, Burnley BB11 5SX
What personal data we collect and how we use it
What we need
At Absolute Roofing Contractors Ltd with the personal data you provide us, we will usually collect basic personal data about you like your name, postal address, telephone number, email address.
Why we need it
We collect your personal data to process and administrate the services provided by us for specific reason, such as: order tracking, general service updates., information you provide on our sites and applications.
The information is either needed to fulfil your request or to enable us to provide you with a more personalised services. You don’t have to disclose any of this information to browse our sites. However, if you choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with certain services.
How we obtain your details
We will also hold information about your details so that we can respect your preferences for being contacted by us.
We collect your personal information in a number of ways:
· When you provide it to us directly.
· When you provide permission to other organisations to share it with us (including insurers, insurance management companies and charitable organisations).
· When we collect it as you use our websites.
· When you have given it to a third party and you have provided permission to pass your information on to us.
We combine the information from these sources with the information you provide to us directly.
When providing permission for 3rd party organisations to share your data you should check their Privacy Policies carefully to understand fully how they will process your data.
All the personal data we process is processed by our staff in the UK. This will be done in accordance with guidance issued by the Information Commissioner’s Office.
3. Legitimate interests
We have a number of lawful reasons that mean we can use (or ‘process’) your personal information. One lawful reason is something called ‘legitimate interests’. Broadly speaking Legitimate Interests means we can process your personal information if:
· We have a genuine and legitimate reason.
· We are not harming any of your rights and interests.
4. Sharing your information
We only disclose information to third parties or individuals when obliged to carry out specific services, for example: completing required services.
· If you have agreed that we may do so.
· When we use other companies to provide services on our behalf, e.g. processing, , answering customers’ questions about products or services, , when using auditors/advisors
And, we will never sell or rent your personal information to other organisations.
5. Retaining your information
We hold your information only as long as necessary for each purpose we use it. This period will normally be for six years after your last activity with us, unless we have a good reason to keep your information for a longer period. This is based on any legal, regulatory or business reasons we may have to retain your information.
You have the right to ask us to remove your personal information from our records. We will inform you in writing when we have actioned your request and if we need to refuse you we will give you the reasons why.
6. What are your rights?
A new data protection law, starting in May 2018, gives everyone a number of very important rights. These are:
· Transparency over how we use your personal information (right to be informed).
· Request a copy of the information we hold about you, which will be provided to you within one month (right of access).
· Update or amend the information we hold about you if it is wrong (right of rectification).
· Ask us to stop using your information (right to restrict processing).
· Ask us to remove your personal information from our records (right to be ‘forgotten’).
· Object to the processing of your information for marketing purposes (right to object).
· Obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes (right to data portability).
· Not be subject to a decision when it is based on automated processing (automated decision making and profiling).
If you would like to know more about your rights under the data protection law see the Information Commissioners Office website.
Remember, you can change the way you hear from us or withdraw your permission for us to processing your personal data at any time by using the email address:
7. How to contact us
Our data protection officer can be contacted by writing to:
Absolute Roofing Contractors Ltd
Unit 12, Smallshaw Industrial Estate
If you wish to talk to us about anything in the policy or the information we hold about you please contact our customer services team:
By telephone: 01282 422001
Please note that calls to our customer services team may be monitored or recorded.